Working for BlueBee is an experience more than it is a job. As we grow the organization we want you to grow with us. We’ll create opportunities for self-development and encourage ambition. Working for BlueBee is a great way for you to become part of a company where you will make a difference. Not just for BlueBee, but particularly for BlueBee’s customers, partners and the ultimate beneficiary of what we develop: society.
Our available positions:
This is a central role in BlueBee’s R&D department based in Rijswijk, the Netherlands. Your scientific understanding and knowledge will be used in the context of assembling, configuring, optimizing, and/or implementing NGS pipelines. As the bioinformatician you will also provide scientific consultancy to some of our (clinical, (bio)medical) customers as well as various departments within the company. You will also be involved in pre-sales and other activities, to bring new customers on-board by providing expertise on BlueBee’s services. Internally, you will proactively communicate customers’ needs and requirements with product management.
Based in Rijswijk, the Netherlands, BlueBee is experiencing rapid growth and is searching for the best talent to join our bioinformatics team. The ideal Bioinformatician will have the following traits and skills:
- You will have a bioinformatics degree with hands-on experience with bioinformatics tools/algorithms (such as alignment – BWA, variant calling – GATK, Freebayes…). Your profound knowledge in tertiary analysis will be used to set up and run pipelines from scratch (e.g. DNA and RNA-Seq), making use of various programming languages (e.g. Python, Perl, R, Java, Unix/Linux scripting)
- You are confident and able to setup NGS pipelines from scratch, in different domains.
- A PhD degree is not required, however, you must have working experiences in novel data-driven discovery practices.
- First-hand knowledge of the NGS market (clinical, biomedical, food, crops, and/or microbial) is considered as a plus
- You are flexible and keen to face customers and are able to successfully handle pre-sales and on-boarding projects
- Astute, confident, and comfortable in asking the right questions, you are truly able to work in a consultative way with clients and to contribute to BlueBee’s overall success.
- You are keen to work in a multi-disciplinary environment where engineering, development and science come together
- You are able to travel.
- Industry experience is considered as a plus
- The position demands excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
WORKING FOR BLUEBEE
We think A+ employees deserve an A+ treatment and it takes a great employer to hire great employees. BlueBee therefore offers an attractive compensation package and the opportunity to work in an intellectually challenging and open entrepreneurial corporate culture with a focus on quality and professionalism. We prefer ownership over hierarchy, and we facilitate learning and venturing. We deliver top-notch technology and aim for the top-notch solutions.
We like to work with bright, talented people in a challenging, diverse, and rapidly evolving domain.
At BlueBee we foster the combination of innovation and focus, we combine accountability with responsibility and encourage initiative, teamwork and respectful, candid and open communication.
Working for BlueBee is an experience more than it is a job. As we grow the organization we want you to grow with us; we’ll create opportunities for self-development and encourage ambition. Working for BlueBee is a great way for you to become part of a company where you will make a difference. Not just for BlueBee, but particularly for BlueBee’s customers, partners and the ultimate beneficiary of what we develop: society.
Your savvy, creativity and intelligence are what we need to build a successful company.
BlueBee, is a private venture capital backed company, headquartered in Rijswijk, The Netherlands, establishing itself as a leading provider of high-performance genomic cloud-based solutions.
BlueBee offers a cloud-based genomics analysis platform that enables fast and affordable data processing. BlueBee enables research and clinical labs to substantially reduce cost, complexity and throughput time of their data analysis and help sequencing service providers and diagnostic test providers to effectively expand their offering and market reach.
The highly secured BlueBee platform offers scalable yet localized data processing and storage, while providing full control of configuration, sharing and collaboration
The combination of domain experts in the development and deployment of large-scale mission-critical infrastructure, seasoned bioinformaticians and renowned academic researchers in high-performance computing, led to the use of combined game changing technologies – high-performance computing, cloud computing and NGS –to deliver a unique genome analytics service.
Today the company employs 30 staff and is led by an experienced team coming from both industry and leading universities.
BlueBee’s offices are in Rijswijk, The Netherlands, Mechelen, Belgium and in Cambridge, MA in the United States.
Ready to join BlueBee?
If you are interested in one of our positions, we would like to hear from you.